Sunday, March 18, 2012

I want.

http://allpoetry.com/poem/8494113-anyone_lived_in_a_pretty_how_town-by-E._E._Cummings

I wish I would've come up with this.
Gosh.
me Cheating off e.e.cummings
it is so good.

I wish I was more original. And I wish I didn't have to try so hard to be creative. I wish I didn't have to listen to sad music, smoke pipes and say 'quite'.
I wish I didn't have to squeeze my heart
and not just the blood, no
pulp and all, onto a new page every single time.
i wish i wasnt scared so much of bad grammar and spelling errors
and capitalization.

I wish I didn't have to feel the obligation to make sense and shoot myself with a nerf gun.

"Make me creative God"

what my prayers consist of.

"God, make me a better writer than I was yesterday."

"God, should I write you a letter God?"

all by all and deep by deep
and more by more they dream their sleep
noone and anyone earth by april
with by spirit and if by yes.

I wish that I could write a stanza like this, and not need to feel like explaining it.
what the crap is he even saying. 
He doesn't even capitalize his own name and initials.

i wish i wasnt selfish

I envy how other writers can compare anything to whatever they are talking about, or write a story about a boy who fishes everyday and only eats bread and make it turn into a lecture about why love is the only thing that is both constant and chaotic at the same time.

 I wish I could control Chaos like they can.


....There once was a boy, and he fished and only ate bread.

3 comments:

  1. This is really good. I love the part that talks about asking God to make you creative and a better writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. And some people just posted a poem and said "this is the poem I was jealous of."

    Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really really loved this. It's probably my favorite Jealousy post. Like Nelson said, people don't elaborate in a creative and captivating way at all. You on the other hand....

    ReplyDelete