Saturday, February 18, 2012

It goes something like this

A new kind a coup is happening in my heart.
The kind that leaves little fireflies to their own devices
and butterflies to flying around in circles
once in awhile caressing the lining of my stomach
with their recherché wing tips.
And even though I'm not ticklish
It still sends little messages
up my spine and into my brain
where it makes me dizzy,
and makes my body act all wrong.
I'm scared I'll say something stupid.
But something inside of me doesn't even care.
Being here with you is enough for me
Being here with you is all I ask
Being here with you makes me ticklish again.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this post. It's really inspiring. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the words you use in this. "Caressing the lining of my stomach." No one says that! And I love it! It's original and super novel. Great job

    ReplyDelete